Doubleclick Ad Exchange (AdX) is Google’s premium version of Adsense. Thus, operates on a higher technology than AdSense. Here are just some of the features of AdX that makes it better than AdSense:
Access 100% of AdSense’s demand + every major demand source
The ability to create CPM floors for certain ad slots Ad blocking by URL and categories
Maximized CPM rates through programmatic bidding.
Benefits of the marketplace
- Showcased publisher inventory for buyers to easily discover, negotiate and manage deals.
- Publisher details are driven from publisher profile data, including performance, audience, and inventory details.
- Automatic propagation of all current products and deals. No migration is required.
- Filter options are based on a variety of dimensions to quickly find the right partner for buyer’s campaigns.
- Searchable product attributes, such as audiences, ad formats, verticals, and environments.
- Display of products available to all buyers and preferred deals & private auction inventory, exclusively for Doubleclick Ad Exchange buyers.
What’s in it for Publishers?
The Marketplace is where publishers will promote their brand through a modifiable publisher profile. This is also where the publishers’ programmatic direct offers are discoverable by programmatic buyers around the world. In effect, this is a great place for more publishers to be found and sell their inventory!
To learn more about their differences, you may visit: https://support.google.com/adxseller/answer/4599464?hl=en
We also recommend checking out these pages to know what’s in it for publishers and why you should make the switch: